You are, you say? Excellent! Then you need to make Product Qualified Leads your main KPI. You need to chase down leads that not only meet your firmographic criteria but also have used your product. And have loved your product.
Not sure where to start? Download the free ebook and join on us on the journey to finding your PQLs and winning the modern game of SaaS.
Bush is best known for challenging the way SaaS leaders approach growth and has been featured in over 100 media outlets including Forbes, MarketingLand, and Openview.
In the old days of SaaS, MQLs and SQLs were the leads that wanted to hear from Sales. In today’s world of free trials and freemium offerings, the way to qualify true interest has changed. People have to see value in your product before they pay for it. That's where Product Qualified Leads come in.
1. Understand Activation (Rate) and Engagement (Score), the two key PQL measurements
2. Set up a system for tracking product data
3. Define Activation criteria for your product (and don’t forget to measure the progress too!)
4. Create an engagement scoring engine
5. Rank Activated trials by engagement
6. Make sure your Sales team has access to this data
The definition of a PQL is fluid both between and within businesses. Divided up by product complexity and opportunity size, the "playbook" section of this guide gives you everything you need so that you can find your PQLs and close them.
Now that's excellent!